After quite a bit of wait, I'm happy to announce the 2.0 release of Lektor.
Some things that previously were supposed to go into this release were pushed
out a bit more because the wait just was too long and quite a few features
were already in this release.
Here is the changelog of what's in this release:
_discoverable system field which controls if a page should show
children. The default is that a page is discoverable. Setting it
False means in practical terms that someone needs to know the URL as
all collection operations will not return it.
for_page function to pagination that returns the pagiantion for a
- Make pagination next_page and prev_page be None on the edges.
- Allow plugins to provide publishers.
- Added French translations.
- Unicode filenames as final build artifacts are now explicitly disallowed.
- Serve up a 404.html as an error page in the dev server.
- Improvements to the path normalization and alt handling. This should support
URL generation in more complex cases between alts now.
- Show a clearer error message when URL generation fails because a source
object is virtual (does not have a path).
- Empty text is now still valid markdown.
- Lektor clean now loads the plugins as well.
- Basic support for type customization.
- Fields that are absent in a content file from an alternative are now pulled
from the primary content file.
- Development server now resolves index.html for assets as well.
- Markdown processing now correctly adjusts links relative to where the
rendered output is rendered.
- Added Dutch translations.
- Added Record.get_siblings()
- Added various utilties: build_url, join_path, parse_path
- Added support for virtual paths and made pagination work with it.
- Added support for Query.distinct
- Add support for pagination url resolving on root URL.
- Server information can now also contain extra key/value pairs that
can be used by publishers to affect the processing.
- The thumbnails will now always have the correct width and height set
as an attribute.
- added datetime type
- added support for the process_image utility functions so that plugins
can use it directly.
- added support for included_assets and excluded_assets in the project file.
- added Spanish translations.
- added Japanese translations.
- added support for discovering existing alts of sources.
- added support for image cropping.
- added preliminary support for publishing on windows.
- children and attachments can now have a hidden flag configured explicitly.
Attachments will also no longer inherit the hidden flag of the parent
record as that is not a sensible default.
- changed internal sqlite consistency mode to improve performance on HDDs.
- allow SVG files to be treated as images. This is something that does not
work in all situations yet (in particular thumbnailing does not actually
do anything for those)
As always you can install the release as mentioned in the release notes.
If you had a previous version of Lektor the install process should auto
upgrade. If you use the OS X desktop build, just drag the new application over
the already existing one.